Tile flooring can be the most tiresome job on the completion of your dream home. This is not because of the physical difficulty in laying tiles nor any technical problem, but mainly due to the huge amount of brainstorming that goes into selecting the best tiles.
If all the sellers could be trusted, things would have been easy. But, they aren’t. Tiles such as the Ceramique au Sommet floor tiles are the types of products you should invest in. Being one of the most trusted sellers in Montreal, they offer a staggering variety.
When the sellers are right, they help make the job of selecting the most suitable tiles for your floor a breeze. That said, apart from the aesthetics, there is a lot more that goes into the selection of the best floor tiles.
This article reflects some of the main factors to look out for while choosing your floor tiles.
What are the main features of floor tiles?
- Water resistance – Water resistance is necessary so that your floor tiles do not absorb any spillage or catch moisture. This can help maintain the true composition and texture for a long time. More than that, it is important that tiles in wet rooms such as bathrooms are water-resistant.
- Heat resistance – Heat resistance ensures that there’s no unnecessary expansion or shrinkage of the particles in the bulk. If you live in cold areas, the heat resistance of ceramic tiles will eventually reduce the electricity bill significantly.
- Abrasion resistance – Abrasion resistance is important so that the surface does not get rough with time. A floor that cannot withstand abrasion can never stand the test of time.
- Durability – Only durable tiles that can grace your house for years are worthy investments. Ceramic tiles lead the race!
- Slip resistance – Slip resistance is crucial if your tiles go into the bathroom. It ensures safety from accidents that can be fatal.
- Straightness of edge – The straightness of the edge is a decisive aesthetic feature. It gives symmetry to the floor design.
- Stain resistance – Stain resistance is a must if your tiles go into the backsplash of your kitchen or any other area where there is a possibility of spillage from food and drinks. This property makes cleaning the tiles an easy task.
Taking a look at the above-explained factors that affect the quality of floor tiles, it’s wise to invest some thoughts before choosing. If you go wrong with the choice of the seller, you might go wrong with the product too. So, pick wisely!