A door is so simple yet so important in our lives. It protects and puts a barrier within our home and the outer world. A doorway symbolizes the pathway leading to new adventures and milestones.
If you live in a home, it needs repairing and caring in every corner. Similarly, the doors also need attention from time to time. One must know some essential tips and tricks for installation and door replacement. It helps choose the best doorway for your home, maintaining the essence of your home decor.
There are several types of doors varying from designs and build material. If you consider a door replacement, you can choose from a pool of options. In this article, you will learn about the different doors and some valuable tips for door installation.
What Are The Types Of Doors?
A visitor in your house notices the door first. Hence, the door is not only used for security, but it also sets an aesthetic for your home. There are several types of doors, such as:
- The conventional hinged doors made of solid wood panel
- Dutch doors or half doors that are both practical and popular for the old-world feel
- Pocket doors used mainly in the wardrobe area or in between two rooms to separate them
- Roller doors for garages
- Bi-fold and sliding doors for modern homes are usually glass and wood to give a seamless decor.
Apart from these common and most popular ones, there are almost twenty types of doors. You can choose from a wide range of options for your door installation.
What Do You Need To Know Before Replacing Or Installing Doors?
You need to know a few things before you start your door replacement or installation work. Let’s read about the five most essential tips for door installation.
- Your Preference: There are commonly two types of doors, pre-hung and straightforward doors. Pre-hung doors come with attached frames, hardware, and hinges. However, as the name suggests, a simple entry consists of only the door. You can choose according to your needs and experience.
- Know Your Home Requirements: If you want to reduce your work, go for pre-hung doors. These types of doors are great for new homeowners, as it is easily replaceable and removable in a faster way. However, old houses used simple doors, so door replacement here mostly requires simple doors.
- Material: The material of the door also affects the installation and the right frame. Hence, you have to choose while buying carefully. Doors react differently to heat and cold, so the position of your home will also play a huge role.
- Right Tools: Though these tips may help you choose the right door, door installation is not an easy task. But having the right tools by your side can make your job easier.
- Call A Professional: If you have less experience, it is best to call a professional for a better job.