Curtains are a decorative piece of fabric that hung on the rod and gives aesthetic look to your place. It adds colors to any drab room, maintains privacy, and protects your room from sunlight and noises which come from your neighborhood.
What is valance?
- Valance is also called window top treatment,
- It covers the top fourth of the pane and it is a great way to give dimension and a chic look to your window or space.
- It is a simple yet elegant way to elevate the look of your room. It comes in a wide variety of styles and widths.
- Ranging from boxed pleats to faux pleats to balloon traditional swag to scalloped edge treatment.
- It gives an illusion of height to your room.
- It covers the top part of the curtains for about 2 to 6 inches.
- It is known to add colors and character to your curtains and gives a pleasing look to the overall space.
- The valance softens the hard lines and is used to hide and conceal the unfinished curtains or drapery hardware such as rods.
Currently, there are two types of valance: the board-mounted valance and the pole-mounted valance.
The board mounted valance:
- The board-mounted valance allows the fabric to fall more evenly than the curtains rod.
- In this type of valance, board lumber is used.
- It gives a completely sleek design to your space.
The pole-mounted valance:
- The pole-mounted valance is stitched with a heading style.
- It gives a layering and casual look to curtains.
Tips on hanging curtains with valance:
- Arranging curtains with valance gives a gorgeous look to the window.
- A two-piece cohesive window treatment add style to your room
- Always plan before selecting your valance style, as it influences your décor in terms of design.
- The right way to hang a curtain with valance starts from measuring the window for the valance.
- Measure the area for curtains rod bracket.
- Then mark these locations.
- Use the scale for leveling these spots.
- Install the valance bracket with a screw by making a drill into the wall.
- Then hang the curtains first.
- Put the valance on top.
- The fabric of valance and curtains should match.
- If you like to give your room a unique look then you can also select both fabrics in combination.
- For example, bold color curtains go for pattern valance.
- You can also do experiments and envision before placing them into your room.
- The large valance gives a bulky look whereas it is meant to give a subtle and fine look to windows.
- If you want to hang valance on blinds without using a rod so in this case you can use adhesive and attach it to the top part of the blinds.
- Valance is the best fit for homes with kids and pets as they start tugging on the heavy fabric of drapes and curtains which hang on rods that can fall onto them readily and suffocate them.